Dear Balance Solutions Patients and Family Members,
As the concerns over COVID-19, or coronavirus, continue to grow in our community, we wanted to take a moment to address how as a physical therapy clinic, we are taking the necessary steps to maintain a clean and healthy environment. There is nothing more important to us than the wellbeing of our patients and staff members.
Preventing transmission of COVID-19, and any communicable disease is of the utmost importance within our facility. We are disinfecting the clinic per recommended CDC guidelines. We have increased the level of effort, and product use, to disinfect every surface multiple times daily. Each treatment room, as well as exercise equipment, is being disinfected between patient sessions. Frequently touched surfaces in the front office, waiting rooms, bathrooms, and gym have been and will continue to be regularly cleaned and sanitized. The products we use are designed to kill both flu and corona-class viruses. You will see Lysol and Clorox wipes throughout the clinic. We want you to feel free requesting that any surface or piece of equipment that you are about to contact be wiped down again prior to your use.
There are additional steps each of you can take to help us keep our patients, their family members and our staff healthy. If you or anyone in your family is experiencing symptoms of the flu or COVID-19 (please see CDC data sheet below) we ask that you contact our office as soon as possible and we will cancel any current and upcoming treatment sessions until you, your child or family member has been given a clean bill of health.
As always, to help prevent the spread of germs, please remember:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you sneeze, or cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds, and encourage everyone in your home to do the same.
- Get in the habit of not touching your face.
- Refrain from hugs or handshakes for the time being.
- If you or an immediate family member are sick with any communicable illness, please do not attend physical therapy until you are better. The CDC recommends returning at least 24 hours after your fever has cleared.
Kelly Beaudoin, MSPT
Balance Solutions Physical Therapy, Inc.